Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Glass

It was a slow photography week so I decided to make my lenses do a little modeling. (they're kinda sexy right?)

These three beauties are so important to my business, but more importantly, they are important to my vision. My mind sees a lot of things that my eyes don't and I've learned that great equipment can help close the gap between vision and reality. Another gap that I'm trying to close is the huge gap in my bank account. These three instruments were not cheap; however, they were well worth every dime.

Here's a little back ground on each one:

Nikkor 85 mm f/1.4 - this is the best portrait lens ever!! I call this one my "David Copperfield" because its pure magic.


Nikkor 35 mm f/2 - this is the "Sex and the City" lens because it great for fashion shoots. I use this primarily when I shoot models, it works great close up and far away.


Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 - My favorite lens of all time!! This lens takes the most beautiful, buttery images ever. I keep "fitty" on my camera 90% of the time because its so flexible and the images are super sharp.


In the end, quality lenses are going to cost you but they are worth it in the long run. Start saving now.

3 comments:

H. Alex Sanchez said...

I can really appreciate you not just keeping the knowledge tpo your self bro. Thanks for sharing to the rest of us photographers out here. Keep the fyah pics coming!

DTownz Finest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DTownz Finest said...

I have to agree with H. Alex. Obviously, I greatly appreciate the knowledge you've given me as well. It's going to save me a lot of time, trouble, and money. With that said, after shooting with "fitty" for only a couple hours, I can already tell it's going to be my most loved and most used lens.