Thursday, July 17, 2008

Random Inspirations: L10_001


I think inspiration is one of the most important things in this world. It spawns creativity, beauty & art in our daily lives and I wanted to start sharing some of my inspirations with you all. 

The funny thing about inspiration is that it can come from anywhere and anything. How many times have you seen someone in great shape and been inspired to go to the gym? Or heard a scripture at Church and been inspired to live a better life? And I know every woman reading this has been inspired by Oprah in one way or another.

No matter where you find your inspiration, its what drives you and the world to constantly move forward. 

Now, I call this segment of my blog "Random Inspirations" because they may seem like they come from left field but like I say, I try to find the beauty in everything. 

This American Express Commercial featuring clothing designer Diane Von Furstenberg is AMAZING!!! From an artistic perspective, the lighting, cinematography and flow of this commercial is impeccable. I love the opening when she's photographing the trees and they slowly come into focus, I love the simplistic piano music playing in the background and I love what she's saying. Her very first words are: "I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I knew the person I wanted to become". This is exactly where I am in my life and I'm sure a lot of you can relate. 

This commercial has not only inspired me to follow my dream, but more importantly I am inspired to Become my dream. 

"Become your Dream" - De La Vega

1 comment:

JNambowa said...

I'm glad my favorite dress designer inspires you!!! I'm sure one day we will both be making our AMEX commercials seeing as we are both cardmembers and damn sure, destined for greatness. PS you should definitely shoot me in one of my DVF dresses, under a waterfall in Bali!!!